Department of Physics, Electronics and Computer Systems
Dnipro, 9, Naukova Street, buildings №12, №15
Phones: (056) 373-12-63, (056) 374-97-04
Department of physics, electronics and computer systems was founded in 22,March 2007 by means of unifying the department of electronics, telecommunications and computer systems and physics department of Dnipropetrovs’k national university.
Nowadays 1300 students study at the full-time department, 40 students – at the correspondence department, there are 37 external students. Training is provided by 154 instructors, among them there are 36 professors, DScs, 78 associate professors, PhDs, 40 assistant professors and assistants.
Management of the Faculty
Dean of the department - Svynarenko Dmytro Mykolayovych, Ph.D. of technical science, associate professor.
Assistant Dean on educational work – Pliaka Sergii Mykolaiovych, associate professor.
Assistant Dean on educational work – Svynarenko Dmytro Mykolayovych, associate professor.
Assistant Dean on scientific work – Morozov Valentyn Mykhailovych, associate professor.
Assistant Dean on educative work – Bondarenko Valerii Prokopovych, associate professor.
Assistant Dean on international cooperation – Morozov Valentyn Mykhailovych, associate professor.
Structural Divisions of the Department
- Department of Electronic Means of Telecommunications
- Department of Applied and Computer Radio Physics
- Department of Electronic Computing Machinery
- Department of Automated Systems of Information Processing
- Department of Theoretical Physics
- Department of Radio Electronics
- Department of Experimental and Metal Physics
- Department of Physics of Solid Body and Optic Electronics
Department of physics, electronics and computer systems provides training on the followings specialities: 8.070101 “Physics” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.070101 “Physics and basis of informatics” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.091002 the “Biotechnical and medical tools and systems” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.070102 “Physics of solid body” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.070203 “Applied physics” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.070201 “Radio physics and electronics” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.091004 “Technologies and means of telecommunications” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.091501 “Computer systems and networks” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.080401 the “Informative control systems and technology” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.090801 “Microelectronics and semiconductors devices” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree), 8.090804 “Physical and biomedical electronics” (bachelor, specialist, master's degree). All specialities are accredited in DNU according to the ІV level.
Spheres and enterprises of work for the graduates of the deaprtment: hi-tech industries of industry, scientific establishments, enterprises specializing on electronics, microelectronics, computing engineering, networks of telecommunications, software, automation of physical and biomedical researches, processing and classification of multidimensional information, as well as such enterprises as “Ukrtelekom”, “Optima-service”, “Alkar-teleport”, “Trifle”, “Dnipropetrovs’k machine-building plant”, Institute of transport systems and technologies of NASU, factory of artificial diamonds (Poltava), research institutes, hospitals and medical establishments, lyceums, secondary schools, technical schools, higher educational establishments and colleges, commercial banks and public institutions.
System fundamental training combined with the use of computer technologies give an opportunity to graduating students of the department to work not only in the sphere of science and high technologies but also in business and social and political activity.
Scientific and Technical ActivitySpheres of scientific researches of the department:
• Electronic ceramics, glassy semiconductors and heterogeneous materials of functional electronics. Research of optical and electric phenomena in semiconductors, namely А2В2;
• Laser and infra-red spectroscopy of the phase states of solids. Photo-electric phenomena in complicated semiconductor structures;
• Exact solving of Einstein equalizations in the theory of gravitation. Methods of computer electrodynamics. Quantum processes in extreme environmental terms. Bound states of gluons and quarks;
• Design of biophysical mechanisms of electro-genesis and morphogenesis of complex neurons;
• Computer systems of signal and images processing on the basis of artificial intelligence and artificial neuron networks;
• Forming of metastable and amorphous structures in metals and alloys;
• Multifrequency microwave methods of measuring on the basis of holographic approach;
• Algorithmic means of recognition and analysis of video information;
• Data processing by means of medical spectroscopy, ultrasonic echoskopy, reconstructive tomography, gas-unloading diagnostics, processing of x-ray photographies etc.
Scientific-Research Divisions:• department of dynamic metal physics (department of metal physics);
• laboratories: quantum chromic plasma, radio physical systems, biophysics and bioelectronics, functional electronics, physics of crystals of active dielectrics, amorphous and microcrystal materials.
Department trains scientific and pedagogical personnel by means of postgraduate course and senior doctorate level on specialities: “Theoretical physics”, “Radiophysics”, “Optics, laser physics”, “Physics of solid”, “Physicist of semiconductors and dielectrics”, “Biophysics”, “Applied geometry, engineering graphic arts”, “Systems and management processes”, “Informational technologies”.
Departments cooperate with higher educational establishments and scientific establishments of Ukraine and foreign countries. Traditional Ukrainian partners of the department researchers: Institute of applied mechanics (Lviv), Institute of physical optics (Lviv), Institute of physics of semiconductors of NASU (Kyiv), Institute of physics of NASU (Kyiv), Major physical observatory of NASU, Kharkiv national university, National university named after T. G. Shevchenko, Institute of theoretical physics named after Bogoliubov, etc.
Department closely co-operates and provides exchange of students with scientific and educational establishments of Russia, Slovenia, England, Germany and Mexico, High school of telecommunications (Paris, France), Technical university (Grats, Austria), Oregon university of science and health (USA).
Department has active scientific contacts with the leading European centers of theoretical physics: Institute of physics of solid of Russian Academy of Sciences (Chernogolovka, Russia), Physical institute named after P. M Lebedev of Russian AS (Moscow), International center of theoretical physics (Mirama-re-triest, Italy), university of Gvelf (Canada), Institute of physical chemistry of the Polish academy of sciences (Warsaw), Pedagogical university of Krakiv. Grants for post graduate students and students are given by the Center of molecular medicine of Copenhagen university, Center of molecular neurobiology (Hamburg).
Students take an active part in the sports clubs in the Palace of Sport, and creative collectives of Palace of Students. Annually sport student teams of the department participate in university competitions on track-and-field, volley-ball, basket-ball, swimming, weight lifting and win. The team “Club of cheerful and witty” leads an active life.
There is an organ of students self-government – students board. Annually, “Day of freshman”, “Day of the department”, are arranged at the department, students newspaper “Rubylnyk” (“Knife-switch”) is edited.